This is a lighter version than traditional chicken parm, but still packs 100% of the flavor! I personally like baking the chicken better than frying it because it cuts out a ton of the fat, and it also leads to fewer dishes to wash!
Oven Baked Chicken Parm
Yield: 4 servings
Time: 25 minutes active; 50 minutes total
4 chicken breasts (fat trimmed off)
4 cups marinara sauce
16 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
10 basil leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Cut each chicken breast in half. Pound to tenderize and thin out the chicken.
3. In a shallow bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs and grated Parmesan cheese.
4. In another shallow bowl, beat together the two eggs.
5. Dip each piece of chicken in egg, then dredge in breadcrumbs/cheese. Place in a single layer on a greased baking sheet.
6. Bake at 375°F for about 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
7. Spoon marinara sauce over the baked chicken, spreading to evenly coat the chicken. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese. Return to the oven and bake for another 8-10 minutes, until cheese is bubbly. Garnish with basil prior to serving.