Start your day right with this omelette! It comes together quickly and never disappoints. Who doesn’t love the classic combination of broccoli and cheddar?
Broccoli Cheddar Omelette
Yield: 2 servings
Time: 20 minutes total
¼ cup broccoli, diced into small pieces
¼ cup whole milk
¼ tsp. paprika
¼ tsp. salt
pinch of black pepper
1½ oz. finely shredded cheddar cheese
- Place the broccoli in an 8-inch non-stick skillet. Cook over medium heat for about 4 minutes, until the broccoli is slightly softened.
- Beat together the eggs, milk, paprika, salt, and pepper. Pour over the broccoli. Top with 1 oz. of the shredded cheddar cheese. (Reserve the remaining ½ oz. as garnish at the end.)
- Continue to cook over medium heat for 6-7 minutes, gently lifting the cooked edges of the egg periodically while tilting the pan to allow the runny uncooked egg to drip underneath the cooked part.
- Once there is very little runny uncooked egg remaining on top, gently fold the egg in half, creating a half-circle. Place a lid on top of the pan to trap the heat and continue to cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes, until fully cooked and the egg is sufficiently puffy.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese and enjoy!