Hello there! I’ve missed you! It’s been far too long since my last JanisCakes post, mostly because I’ve been off having a boat load of fun! It’s been a month and a half of great times, filled with:
* An amazing Eric Church concert with my hubby and sisters at the county fair we used to go to in college.
* Putting together my first annual Science Day full of cool experiments for two of my nephews where we made plastic from milk, exploded Diet Coke with Mentos, created “Magic Mud” with cornstarch, made a fireproof balloon, skewered balloons with skewers, and more. I don’t know who had more fun– me or the kids!
* Dancing my pants off at two weddings, one for my cousin and another for a close friend from college. (Check out their awesome ice sculpture, inspired by LOVE park in Philly, but using the Oriole’s “O” and the Villanova “V”!)
* Celebrating my mom’s birthday with a weekend at the beach with my parents, sisters, and our families.
* Visiting friends in Boston, celebrating birthdays, and enjoying Harpoon’s Oktoberfest!
* Meeting the adorable brand new baby girls of two of my closest friends.
* Celebrating my first Rosh Hashanah with my hubby’s family (inspiration behind Boozy Honey Apple Cakes).
* Hiking newly discovered local trails.
* Hosting numerous BBQ’s, dinner parties, and an NFL season kickoff fiesta with friends and family (inspiration behind Buffalo Cauliflower).
* Leaving a job that left me feeling unfulfilled and embarking on a new career that I’m really excited about!
Many of my adventures have involved food (surprise, surprise!) and I hope to make up for my hiatus by sharing with you a load of awesome new recipes that I’ve accumulated. Stay tuned for some great upcoming JanisCakes posts, such as Glazed Pork Chops with Grilled Peaches, Boozy Honey Apple Cakes, Chicken Milanese, Baked Zucchini Fries, Buffalo Cauliflower, Savory Roasted Acorn Squash, Mediterranean Salmon, Spinach Stuffed Chicken, Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese, and Caramelized Nectarine Upside-Down Cake!