To grate the Parmesan cheese for this Caesar salad, I use a Microplane zester. It makes the cheese so light and fluffy it’s like a small mound of delicious snow! It’s so fine that it almost melts into the dressing. Delish!
Blackened Mahi Mahi Caesar Salad
Yield: 2 salads
Time: 35 minutes total
1½ tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp dried thyme
1½ tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp freshly ground pepper
1 tsp ground cayenne pepper (more or less, to your taste)
1 tsp dried oregano
¾ tsp ground cumin
2 filets mahi mahi (or 4 narrow filets)
1½ heads romaine lettuce (or other salad greens), chopped or torn into bite-sized pieces
2 tbsp lemon juice
¾ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat a non-stick skillet sprayed with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
2. Combine all of the seasonings (first nine ingredients) in a small bowl. Mix well.
3. Pat the mahi mahi dry with a paper towel, then sprinkle the top liberally with the seasoning mixture.
4. Place the mahi mahi seasoned-side down into the hot skillet to sear it. Cook for about 5 minutes. Season the top surface of the fish, then flip to sear the other side. Cook over medium-high heat for another 5-7 minutes until cooked through.
5. Place the lettuce in a mixing bowl. Drizzle with lemon juice and Caesar dressing. Toss to coat evenly. Sprinkle with Parmesan and add the croutons. Toss and arrange a mound of salad on each serving plate. Place the blackened mahi mahi over the bed of Caesar salad. Enjoy!